Upper Brazos Basin
- June 5: GRANBURY – First Saturday Bird Walk, 7 – 9 a.m. at Acton Nature Center, 6500 Smoky Hill Court, Granbury
This monthly tour is directed by Dr. Billy Teels, who earned a Ph.D. in Wildlife Ecology from Mississippi State University and worked as a biologist for 30 years. Now retired, Dr. Teels leads a monthly bird walk through the town of Granbury. Bring your binoculars and plenty of water! For more information, click here.
- June 5: ABILENE – Abilene Outdoor Adventures, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Cal Young Park, 950 T and P Lane, Abilene
If you and your family love outdoor activities, come out to Abilene Outdoor Adventures on June 5! This is a free, family-friendly event with activities such as archery, wildlife and plant I.D., kayak demos, fishing and more! June 5 is also Texas Free Fishing Day, so anyone can come fish, even if you don't have a license. To learn more, click here.
- June 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27: GLEN ROSE – Track Talk, 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at Dinosaur Valley State Park, 1629 Park Road 59, Glen Rose
Hear rangers retell the story of how the dinosaur tracked across Dinosaur Valley State Park! Meet at the roped-off area at the Main Track Site and bring your questions about the park, dinosaurs and more. The event is free with park admission. Click here to learn more.
- June 11: GRAFORD – Show and Shine Boat Show, 6 – 8 p.m. at 362 N FM 2353, Graford
The "Show & Shine" Boat Show at Possum Kingdom Lake will showcase some spectacular boats participating in the following day's Hell on Water Poker Run, benefiting the Possum Kingdom Lake Fire Departments. There will be food trucks, music and more! To learn more, click here.
Central Brazos Basin
- June 5, 12: WHITNEY – Star Talks, 8 – 10 p.m. at Lake Whitney State Park, 433 FM 1244, Whitney
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas! Take a walk across the stars and join Retired National Park Ranger Larry Smith, who will guide you through the planets, moon, and stars using star maps and a laser pointer. The 45-minute program will be offered at 8 and 9 p.m. Only 25 people can be scheduled for each time slot, so call 254-694-3793 or email email@example.com to add your group to a time slot. Click here for more information.
June 5, 12, 19 and 26: WACO – Waco Downtown Farmers Market, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at 500 Washington Avenue, Waco
Visit the Waco Farmer's Market every Saturday of the month for quality products and local vendors in the heart of downtown Waco. For more information, click here.
June 6, 13, 20, 27: WHITNEY – Bird Sleuths of the Two Bridges Trail, 9 – 10 a.m. at Lake Whitney State Park, 433 FM 1244, Whitney
Explore the 1-mile trail at Lake Whitney State Park with a master naturalist as you become a bird sleuth and identify different types of birds. Call 254-694-3793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Group sizes are limited to 12 people. Bring your binoculars if you own one and wear comfortable shoes.
- June 14-18 and 21-25: WACO – River Camp Session, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at 200 South University Parks Drive, Waco
Let your kids explore the Brazos River and learn how to kayak, canoe and paddleboard through fun games and activities. Each camper will be provided a boat to use during the camp, a life jacket, a paddle, a daily snack and a t-shirt. This event is $220 and is designed for kids ages 9-14. To register, click here.
- June 18,19: WHITNEY – 4th Annual BBQ Cook-Off, 4 and 5 p.m. at 5516 FM 933, Whitney
Nothing starts summer off like Texas BBQ. Stop by the 4th Annual BBQ Cook-Off for some delicious food. For more information, click here.
- June 26: TEMPLE – Name That Tune Bingo: Movie Music Edition, 7 – 9 p.m. at Fire Base Brewing Company, 8 South 1st Street, Temple
Lights! Camera! Action! Come spend a fun evening with a game of Name That Tune Bingo: Movie Music Edition! For $2, you can win fabulous prizes. This event is family-friendly. Click here to learn more.
Lower Brazos Basin
- June 4: BRENHAM – Third Annual Rocky Creek VFFD Bass Splash Tournament, 5:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Lake Somerville Marina and Campground, 505 Marina Drive, Brenham
Come out for a Bass Splash Tournament on Texas Free Fishing Day and help raise money for the Rocky Creek Fire Department. The entry fee is $130 per team and the first-place winner takes home $1,000! Click here to learn more.
- June 5: BURTON – Burton Farmers & Artisans Market and Third Annual Cotton Gin Classic, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Texas Cotton Gin Museum, 307 N. Main Street, Burton
- Shop for local, homegrown and handcrafted products at the Burton Farmers & Artisans Market while enjoying the car and truck show! For more information, click here.
- June 5: SAN FELIPE– Nature Trail Walk, 10 – 10:50 a.m. at Stephen F. Austin State Park, Park Rd. 38, San Felipe
Come out to Stephen F. Austin State Park for a short walk led by park volunteer Jack Philley. The walk starts at the R.V. restrooms and will focus on the native plants in Stephen F. Austin State Park. Learn more here.